At SCAPR we are looking for a Business and Data Analyst with BI Development skills to manage our Oracle databases and Business Intelligence tool (MicroStrategy), understand our users’ needs and interpret them for their technical implementation.
The BI Developer we are looking for will analyse, process and translate a significant volume of data in the sound-recording and audio-visual industry, respecting high-quality standards and having a constant customer oriented approach.
Regarding the BI development activities:
- Define, design, build and enhance KPI based dashboards.
- Perform database-specific tasks including query development and optimization.
- Analyse/help to analyse the impact of changes to Reference Data.
- Help members identify their Data Quality issues and suggest solutions.
- Conduct the Disaster Recovery activities internally by coordinating external providers.
Regarding the data analysis activities:
- Take responsibility for identifying information sources, gathering and interpreting data, and presenting findings to members of societies.
- Record, analyse and distribute statistical information about the business-critical entities and events.
- Analyse and assess the business data quality and propose/monitor action plans for improvement.
- Support the members in their onboarding activities with data profiling and quality assessment.
Regarding the business analysis activities:
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings to collect, write and validate Requirements and In-Scope Functionality.
- Develop/Support all business analysis and Data Analysis and Data Quality Assurance efforts.
- First level support to a community of up to 60 members located worldwide.
- Write comprehensive expression of needs.
- Liaise and support the necessary development together with external providers.
- Analyse/Help to analyse the impact of any change or addition to the rules engine requirements that involves software development, configuration changes (including but not limited to weights, thresholds, synonyms, and transformation rules), testing, data analysis, or any other activity to support the change or addition.
- Maintain functional documentation and artifacts, if needed.
- Support the resolution of issues and requests, as necessary.
- Evaluate issues and enhancements for level of effort estimates.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Higher education in Computer Science, Information systems, mathematics, statistics or related.
- Expertise and/or certification in business intelligence tools (e.g. MicroStrategy)
- Qualifying experience: min. 1 year of proven professional experience or internship.
- In-depth knowledge of database models and applicable querying tools (i.e. MicroStrategy, Oracle, Microsoft…).
- Experience in data analysis and business intelligence analytics.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages and SQL queries
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written).
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge (acquired by work experience or training) of the copyright and neighbouring rights industry.
- Experience and/or strong knowledge in SW development methodologies (Agile...).
- Experience and/or strong knowledge in IT project management.
- Background/understanding of web application principles and architecture.
- Strong knowledge/understanding of the different environments of an IT system (development, testing, preproduction, production).
- Ability to set simulations and data quality staging environments.
- Strong communications skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task.
- Self-confidence and ability to challenge others’ views while maintaining good relationships.
- Solid team player.
- Ability to organise and work either collaboratively or autonomously.
- Ability to handle change and adapt to new situations.
- Autonomy, Proactiveness, Reactiveness, Efficiency, Quality and Customer oriented.
The job is based in our Belgian office in Brussels. Interviews will be arranged there or remotely.
WHY WORK AT SCAPR?
If you are a BI specialist looking for a varied job description without having to go into consultancy, this is the job for you! No day will be the same as you will work with people from all over the world, developing, analysing, giving presentations and training and more.
There is no company car but you do get a decent salary with nice fringe benefits including good health insurance.
For the perfect candidate we can consider applying for a work permit but we will look at Belgium based candidates first. Excellent English is a must; other languages are a plus. This is an employee position.
READY TO KNOW WHAT SCAPR IS ALL ABOUT?