SCAPR is an international organisation founded in 1986 for the development of the practical cooperation between its members, the performers’ Collective Management Organisations (CMOs). A CMO is an organisation that represents and manages the rights of performers in the entertainment industry. These performers can include actors, musicians, dancers, and other individuals who contribute their creative talents to various forms of media, such as music recordings, films, and television shows. The primary functions of a CMO are licensing and negotiations with users, collecting and distributing royalties to performers.
SCAPR’s main mission is to improve the exchange of data and performers’ rights payments across borders. To do so, SCAPR has developed and is managing various information systems (IPD, VRDB, BI tools) that are used daily by its members’ CMOs.
To accompany its growth in terms of services delivered to its members, SCAPR is looking for an IT Officer.
Supporting and working together with the IT coordinator, and reporting to the Managing Director, the IT Officer will notably take part in:
- The planning, execution, development, coordination and controlling of international IT projects, in-house information systems and IT tools developed for SCAPR and its members;
- The troubleshooting of the applications and systems, diagnosing root causes, implementing fixing actions, and the support to end-users resolve issues and service faults;
- The monitoring of the applications and systems’ performances and the proposal of improvements;
- The overall support and the training of members/end-users;
- The organisation and communication with multiple technical and business teams;
- The identification, drafting and proposal of technical solutions that meet the international business requirements;
- The preparation, participation and notes taking of the Databases Committee;
- The creation of technical specifications, architectural designs, maintenance models and test plans;
- The studies to improve the IT services provided to our members;
- The coordination of the IT works with the IT Coordinator and the BI Developer & Data Analyst;
- The various IT-related meetings and workshops;
- The management of the IT equipment of the SCAPR Secretariat;
- The management of SCAPR internet/intranet websites.
Starting date: As soon as available.
Term of contract: permanent & full-time contract.
Travels: The IT Officer will be requested to travel inside and outside Europe on an average of one business trip every 2 months.
The candidate will have:
- 5 or more years of IT experience dependent upon job level in design, development, testing, and production support of IT applications;
- Full English proficiency;
- Experience as a project manager of IT projects;
- Hands-on experience with Oracle and MS-SQL_Server databases;
- Experience with IT network and infrastructure management principles, data security and network security;
- Experience with XML and web services as data transfer technologies;
- IT diploma or similar, at least a bachelor’s degree in IT, preferably a major in information technology, computer science, or management information systems.
Besides, the candidate will have to demonstrate:
- Strong Customer service and client relationship management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Good prioritization skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans;
- Capacity to work in a multicultural environment with stakeholders located worldwide;
- Ability to work in a small team as well as autonomously;
- Understanding of complex information and requirements;
- Ability to explain complex information and technologies in simple terms;
- Professional development and interest in new projects/technologies;
- Autonomy, Proactiveness, Reactiveness, Resilience, Efficiency, Quality and Attention to Detail.