- English + good level of Dutch or French
- Based in Brussels 2 days/week, 3 days/week homeworking
- Internal position, no company car
About the organisation
PlayRight is the Belgian company for the collective management of performing artists' neighbouring rights. Founded in 1974 by musicians, after some time the company also took on the collective management of the neighbouring rights of actors, musicians, dancers, and circus artists. Today PlayRight represents more than 17,000 directly affiliated performers, and many tens of thousands more through its foreign sister companies. PlayRight works with a team of 20 employees in Brussels.
The repertoire of our affiliated performers is broadcast, downloaded, and sold abroad generating rights. The same applies to foreign artists on Belgian territory as well. Music, movies, television series... are borderless. Therefore, smooth, and accurate data exchange is indispensable. PlayRight has concluded many bilateral agreements with sister organisations to collect the rights on behalf of our affiliated performers - also abroad - and to pay them as efficiently and quickly as possible.
What will you do?
You are the internal contact person your colleagues come to whenever they have a request for a new IT project. You take the request in, check its feasibility, prioritize, and instruct our internal and external developers as to the scope of the project and its deliverables. Next to this you are also on top of the international project demands that need to be realized, mainly regarding data exchange with sister companies worldwide.
Who are we looking to meet?
In this role, setting expectations and communicating clearly and diplomatically is key. You are a born planner and are diligent in following up details and stakeholders. You hold a higher degree in IT or sciences and have a minimum of 2-3 years working experience. Some knowledge of SQL and web programming is useful as well as a good command of project management principles: scope- time- budget. We work with OutSystems (a low-code platform which provides tools for companies to develop, deploy and manage omnichannel enterprise applications) and will train you to work with it.
PlayRight is a Belgian company (50-50 Dutch and French mother tongue) but you will also be in regular contact with our Portuguese developers and international colleagues. Fluency in English and Dutch or French is therefore a pre-requisite.
Given that PlayRight is a small company working on large projects, we expect everyone to pull their weight. Next to the IT manager, we have one fulltime developer onsite, next to developers and other IT specialists who work on an ad hoc basis. Our job descriptions are not set in stone, so if you’d like to do some analysis or development next to your project management duties, we’re open to that.
What can you expect from us?
- A stable and very varied job with ample responsibilities, working closely in a small team of experienced IT colleagues.
- Work that matters! You will help artists get paid fairly and swiftly for their music, performance, acting etc.
- A nice working environment with supportive colleagues and beautiful offices.
- Given that we work for our artists, we have some budget restraints. Salary indication 3K-3.4K/month + meal vouchers, group insurance, free public transport from and to your home, flexible working hours (starting between 7 and 9AM and ending between 4 and 6PM) and 32 holidays plus holidays between Christmas and New Year.