Are you passionate about how the web works and especially about reverse engineering websites to enable large scale data extractions? Great, then read on!
About the position
We are looking for an expert in web scraping techniques and web technology, with an outside the box mindset who has experience or interest in employing this on a large scale.
In this role you will:
- Reverse engineer data sources like websites, APIs, mobile apps to help us scale our products
- Investigate the newest browser fingerprinting techniques
- Perform tracking behavior analysis
- Think out of the box and come up with creative strategies to extract data
- Write Python applications that extract data from these external data sources
- Find ways to monitor and auto-heal the data extraction process
- Support and rebuild integrations that fail e.g. due to a changing website
About the team
The OTA Insight Crawler team is built around data ingestion and integration with external parties. Its responsibilities lie in ensuring our products receive a continuous stream of high quality data. We do this by building the integrations with external systems, but also by implementing monitoring and QA tooling that allows us to monitor and optimize our systems at scale. The team works in close collaboration with our Product team, as well as a highly talented group of software engineers, devops engineers, and project managers to drive initiatives forward.
Today we process billions of data points and +100TB of data on a daily basis, containing hotels' pricing information, search data, hotel bookings, etc. All of that using modern technologies. Being a growth company enables us to regularly attract new and interesting datasets, which can unlock new product directions.
About OTA Insight
OTA Insight is a scale-up within the hotel industry. Founded in 2012, with a vision to provide user friendly tools to hoteliers. Today we are considered the global leader in hotel BI and are working with 50,000+ hotels worldwide in 168 countries. As there are more than 1 million hotels worldwide, we are still filled with ambition to grow further. We generate value to our customers by visualizing actionable insights out of our vast datasets. Our tools help hotels to analyze their competition’s room pricing, analyze their hotel revenue, and find out where and when guests are looking and booking. Our products have a profound impact on the day to day activities of our customers, taking away guesswork and simplifying their routines.
About the compensation
- We offer a local, fulltime employee contract in the country you are working from. Salary and extralegal benefits depending on the local market, and in line with a growing scale up organization.
- Full time employee position (no freelance), 100% remote possible, only UTC+1, UTC+2 and UTC+3 will be considered
- Fluent in English
- Master degree in a STEM field or equivalent experience
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Python developer that has well-rounded experience on web technologies (in various domains: browser, server, web infrastructure, security)
- Experience with cloud platforms (we use GCP)