We're looking for an expert in web scraping techniques and technology, with a think- outside-the-box mindset who has experience or interest in employing this on a large scale.
We're currently extracting billions of data points from 100s of millions of web requests on a daily basis. We have built up extensive in-house knowledge and tooling on the subject, and are looking for people to help us continue and expand on these.
In this role you will:
- Use reverse engineering to help us scale our products to 40.000+ hotels
- Investigate the newest browser fingerprinting techniques
- Perform tracking behavior analysis
- Think creatively and come up with novel strategies to extract data
- Find ways to monitor and auto-heal the crawling process
You could definitely get our attention, if:
- You know (or are willing to learn) Python
- You are strongly interested in security and computer networks
- You have a good understanding of how browser engines and ad-blocker mechanisms work.
- You like to dive into the code and find quirks and problems.
- Last but not least, you are a good communicator who can interact both with technical and non-technical people in English.
- You want to use your skills in a highly challenging technical environment with hundreds of millions of web requests per day and the latest technologies to play with.
- You want to be part of the next big thing: a successful scale-up with a worldwide scope and different products.
- You can either work remotely from any country as a contractor or you can join the team in Belgium (Ghent) as an employee. In the latter case, we take care of your work permit and help you get settled in your new home country.
- Obviously we pay our people well.
- We like our company culture; maybe you’ll like it too? Check it out
OTA Insight is a scale up that was founded in 2012 by three young Belgians. Today they are backed by two major investors with experience in both the IT world and the hospitality industry.
At OTA insight, you’re part of a global family with 230 family members (average age of 31) spread across offices in London, Ghent (Belgium), Dallas, Singapore and Sydney.
We’ve got a total of 32 different nationalities in our #BestTeamEver. And who knows? You might even make it 33!