About the organisation
PlayRight is the Belgian company for the collective management of performing artists' neighbouring rights. Founded in 1974 by musicians, after some time the company also took on the collective management of the neighbouring rights of actors, musicians, dancers, and circus artists. Today PlayRight represents more than 17,000 directly affiliated performers, and many tens of thousands more through its foreign sister companies. PlayRight works with a team of 20 people in Brussels. For the Members/International department, we are looking for a motivated employee to strengthen our international operations.
The repertoire of our affiliated performers is broadcast, downloaded, and sold abroad generating rights. The same applies to foreign artists on Belgian territory as well. Music, movies, television series... are borderless. Therefore, smooth, and accurate data exchange is indispensable. PlayRight has concluded many bilateral agreements with sister organisations to collect the rights on behalf of our affiliated performers - also abroad - and to pay them as efficiently and quickly as possible.
About the position
As an International Account Manager, you are the first contact within the international operation and setting up and maintaining contacts with foreign management companies. Bilateral agreements ensure an exchange of rights. This is done by coordinating and implementing the exchange processes under the guidance of the Supervisor Account manager. You will also be responsible for compiling and passing on our members' playlists and repertoires as well as managing and updating international databases.
In addition, by making analyses of rights received from abroad, you will provide insight on the money flow, and you will oversee various control mechanisms to maximise the income of foreign rights.
- You can use different Excel functions and find solutions to extract the right information from large Excel tables by building up more complex formulas
- Your eyes go over the data you are processing like magnifying glasses, and you find unnecessary actions a waste of energy
- One clear briefing is enough for you to tackle a variety of tasks
- You speak and write fluent English, and (preferably) have some working knowledge of Dutch and/or French.
- You are inquisitive, solution-oriented, and accurate
- You are dynamic, flexible and stress resistant.
- An exciting job in the music and audio-visual industry with responsibility and room for initiative in a growing team
- Three days a week home working and 2 days a week at the office in Molenbeek.
- A full-time, open-ended contract for employees with additional extra-legal benefits.